PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Like nearly every other website, when you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you book swim lessons through the Site, we collect certain information that you provide to us, including your name, address, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any bookings placed through the Site (including processing your booking, arranging for travel to your location, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our bookings for potential risk or fraud; and
Provide you with information related to our services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization unless we notify you or receive your express written permission. Exceptions to this practice include sharing your Device Information with third parties that help us operate and/or improve our Site, conduct our business, or service you. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information. You can also opt out of Google Analytics.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
California consumers have several added rights and privileges that serve to protect their personal information from being used in a way that the consumer does not agree with. This notice is in place to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (hereafter, CCPA) of 2018 that went into effect as of January 1, 2020.
A consumer has the right to request and know what categories of information and what personal information we collect, how we collect it, and for what purpose we collect it.
Consumer's Right to Demand Disclosure
You have the right to demand that we disclose what categories of information we have or are collecting about you and what personal information we have collected or are collecting about you.
In an effort to maintain full compliance, we are disclosing the categories of information that we generally collect from and/or about consumers.
As a consumer, you are free to request disclosure of your information at no extra charge to you if you make such requests no more than twice (2) during a 12-month period.
General Information We Collect
We generally collect personal information, as listed under CCPA, in the form of the following:
- Identifiers such as your name, email address, mailing address, IP address, and online identifiers;
- Information you provide as part of a transaction, such as phone number, credit or debit card numbers, and other information (if provided by you);
- Internet or other network activity information, including information on your usage of our Website.
We collect the consumer information stated above through the following:
- Our booking form
- Google Analytics
- Emails you send us or information provided over the phone
You have the right to request disclosure of the personal information we have collected about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consumer's Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
Under CCPA, a consumer has the right to contact the business that collected personal information about the consumer and request deletion of that information.
There are certain limited circumstances under which the business does not have to comply and delete the information, as follows:
- To provide and complete the transaction for which the information was collected in the first place (for example, selling and delivering goods and services);
- To be in compliance with a legal obligation;
- To carry out and be compliant with another legal requirement; and
- To keep the information for internal use that is reasonable to the consumer.
Consumer's Right to Demand Disclosure in Case of Sale
As a consumer, you have the right to request full disclosure if a business sells or transfers your personal information for a business purpose. You have the right to know what specific information has been sold or transferred, to whom, and for what business purpose.
We do not directly sell (for profit) personal information we collect from consumers, and never will.
However, the collected data goes through Google Analytics and our Email Service Provider. These are entities that must have access to these data, as they are the data processors.
Although we will never directly sell your personal information for profit, know that if we did, you would be given the option to opt-out of that if you don’t wish for your personal information to be sold.
The consumer has the right to request that we disclose what category of information we sold, the specific pieces of information we sold, to whom we sold it, and for what business purpose.
Consumers can make this request by contacting email@example.com.
Business Will Not Discriminate Against Consumer
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your CCPA rights.
You will have access to the same services at the same prices as everyone else. The quality and conditions of products and services you receive will be the same as everyone else, regardless if you exercised your CCPA rights.
We do our due diligence and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to make sure that the personal information we collect is safe and secure.
Here are the security practices we have in place to protect personal information:
- All the systems containing consumer personal information (such as our email service provider) are password protected.
- The passwords are considered strong and are not easy to figure out.
- Only 1 person knows the password.
- To make our Email Service Provider database even more secure, we change the password every year.
- Our computers are protected from third-party access by having an additional password layer before a user can start working on the computer.
- In addition to the statements above, we take reasonable precautions on a daily basis to protect consumer personal information from unauthorized use, modification, destruction, and disclosure.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Swimsation Swim School does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on the Site, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.
If you would like more information about our privacy practices, have questions, or would like to exercise your rights under CCPA, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Effective as of January 1, 2020.