Swimming Lessons for Babies
Ages 1 to 2.5 years. During swim lessons for babies, Mom or Dad will join in on the fun and help teach their baby how to swim under the supervision of a certified instructor. This makes your baby feel more comfortable and helps you learn methods to safely and effectively teach your baby how to swim. Fun, imaginative, and positive teaching methods are used. If your baby is comfortable with an instructor holding him or her, then our certified instructor can substitute for the parent if requested.
Please remember, while swim lessons greatly reduce the risk of drowning, no child is “drown-proof”. Always watch children around the water and be prepared for the unexpected so every experience in the water is a fun and safe one!
Beginner Swimming Lessons for Kids
Beginner swim lessons for kids cover the following skills:
- Blowing bubbles through nose and mouth and breath control
- Monkey crawl along the edge of the pool to the stairs
- Climbing out of the pool
- Head under water
- Picking up under water objects
- How to float in water with support and eventually independently
- Kicking on front and back with support and eventually independently
- Rollover front to back with support
- Jump into pool, turn and swim to edge, exit pool (completing our learn to swim guarantee!)
- Swimming with arm and leg movements and pop-up breath depending on age and number of lessons
Intermediate & Advanced Swimming Lessons for Kids
Intermediate/Advanced swim lessons for kids cover the following skills depending on age, skill, and number of swimming lessons:
- How to float in water and glide independently on front and back
- Freestyle (aka front crawl) stroke at least 15 yards with pop-up breath
- Side breathing with assistance
- Treading water
- Swim, back float, swim combo
- Freestyle with side breathing
- Technique and endurance training to pass the Junior Grommets or Junior Lifeguards swim tests
- Diving if pool is sufficiently deep
- Dolphin kick
- Competitive swimming turns
Swimming Lessons for Adults
Beginner Adult Swim Lessons
It’s never too late for adults to learn to swim and save their own life in the water! We always use natural, progressive teaching methods to teach beginners how to swim to ensure comfort, clarity, and progress at each swimming lesson.
Adult Swimming Technique Clinics
Already know the basics of how to swim but want to improve your technique? Or are you training for an event? Then enroll in a swimming technique clinic to get personalized training to perfect your technique and achieve your swimming goals.