PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Like nearly every other website, when you visit our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you book swim lessons through the Site, we collect certain information that you provide to us, including your name, address, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any bookings placed through the Site (including processing your booking, arranging for travel to your location, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our bookings for potential risk or fraud; and
Provide you with information related to our services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or otherwise share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization unless we notify you or receive your express written permission. Exceptions to this practice include sharing your Device Information with third parties that help us operate and/or improve our Site, conduct our business, or service you. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at email@example.com.
When you book swim lessons through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We do our due diligence and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to make sure that the personal information we collect is safe and secure.
Here are the security practices we have in place to protect personal information:
- All the systems containing consumer personal information (such as our email service provider) are password protected.
- The passwords are considered strong and are not easy to figure out.
- Only 1 person knows the password.
- To make our Email Service Provider database even more secure, we change the password every year.
- Our computers are protected from third-party access by having an additional password layer before a user can start working on the computer.
- In addition to the statements above, we take reasonable precautions on a daily basis to protect consumer personal information from unauthorized use, modification, destruction, and disclosure.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Swimsation Swim School does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on the Site, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.